Facilities Technician - San Rafael
Company: Guide Dogs for the Blind
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Guide Dogs for the Blind, located in beautiful San Rafael, CA, has an incredible opportunity for a full time Facilities Technician. If you are someone who thrives in a mission-driven and community-oriented environment, and enjoys a wide range of facilities tasks spanning plumbing, electrical, HVAC and general carpentry, this could be the position for you! The Facilities Technician provides support and customer service via completion of general to advanced level tasks, repairs, and preventative maintenance of Guide Dogs owned and/or leased buildings, equipment, vehicles, and grounds as well as other support duties as needed. Responsibilities include:
- Perform a variety of general to advanced-level work in one or more of the trades, such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC.
- Perform general to advanced level tasks, repairs and preventative maintenance on buildings, equipment, fleet, grounds, and off-site properties.
- Repair and maintain critical infrastructure equipment required for campus to operate.
- Complete tasks specific to city, state and/or federal requirements or regulations.
- Work closely with Facilities Technicians and Facilities Supervisor on various projects, work orders, preventative maintenance program, and budget.
- Estimate time and material costs for small-medium scale projects.
- Work with other departments and monitor work of outside contractors as directed.
- Order supplies and procure tools and parts as necessary.
- Adhere to organizational safety policies and procedures and encourage others to do the same. The ideal candidate would bring prior experience in plumbing, electrical, carpentry or HVAC maintenance as well as strong attention to detail, organizational skills and a focus on customer service. Other experience, requirements & skills include:
- Proficiency using general power tools, meters, and testing devices.
- Able to lift up to 65 lbs.*
- Able to squat, bend, and reach for extended periods.
- Able to climb ladders and work on rooftops.
- Good organizational and inter-personal skills plus ability to understand technical information.
- Self-starter; independent; exercises good judgment; able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, phone and written, including e-mail); uses discretion.
- Proficiency with basic word processing and database programs.
- Valid driver's license and insurability at non-risk rates.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some weekend work required. APPLY NOW: This is a full-time, non-exempt opportunity offering an attractive and competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience will be offered to the right candidate. Apply online at . Can't access our online application for employment? Send us your cover letter and resume by e-mail to . Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Guide Dogs for the Blind, Rohnert Park , Facilities Technician - San Rafael, Professions , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!