Senior Financial Analyst - Business Planning & Analysis - Marmot
Company: Newell Brands
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Position title: Senior Financial Analyst- Business Planning &
Analysis (BP&A), Technical Apparel
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Reports to: Sr Manager Finance BP&A - Technical Apparel
The Senior Financial Analyst- Business Planning & Analysis
(BP&A) will join the Technical Apparel vertical supporting
Marmot and ExOfficio brands. Your primary responsibility is to
assist the Sr Manager of Finance with reporting and planning. -
-You will work collaboratively with business partners across the
organization to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and
profitability. - This position will play a critical role in
building a financial plan to promote accelerated growth. -
- Manage commercial finance budgets and reforecasts, highlighting
areas of risk and ensuring the business partners have the
information they need to manage their budgets and make effective
and timely decisions.
- Manage the month end close process, including coordination with
Functional teams on accruals/expenses. -
- Prepare management reports, analyzing current and past trends
providing analysis of the key areas, risks and opportunities, and
assisting management in developing action plans.
- Own forecasting, leverage the forecast and current/historical
key metrics to create timely trend analysis, identify business
shifts, areas of risk and opportunities for executive
- Own monthly rolling forecast consolidations and reporting,
drive timeline with cross-functional partners.
- Leverage various financial tools to improvement forecasts and
KPIs, to drive efficiencies and deliver added insights to the
- Partner with manager to redesign and streamline existing tools
and processes to support an integrated view of the
- Liaison with other department managers and accounting personnel
to answer financial reporting questions and/or accounting
- Assist other FP&A team members with analysis, presentations
and KPI reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc support to broader Finance team as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a financial planning, forecasting
and analysis experience required.
- Strategic and analytical thought partner with strong financial
acumen and high proficiency in financial/analytical modeling and
- Proven ability to work with large volumes of data and shift
focus as needed from granular data mining to recapping findings at
an executive level.
- Practical knowledge of all functions of the business.
- High degree of proficiency in working with complicated MS Excel
models, pivot tables and Power BI.
- Experience with SAP, BW, Hyperion and a collaborative
cloud-based environment (e.g. Share Point) preferred.
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to develop
effective and influential business relationships at all
- Ability to cultivate a positive, collaborative and supportive
- Able to manage to switch gears as needed and manage deadlines,
be flexible while driving to timely resolution.
- Experience in Apparel or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods
company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including
Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot,
Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK,
Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For
hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better
every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and
its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with
applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to
Keywords: Newell Brands, Rohnert Park , Senior Financial Analyst - Business Planning & Analysis - Marmot, Professions , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!