Demand Planning Analyst
Company: World Centric
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DescriptionWorld Centric is a B Corp that aims to reduce waste
through the sale of plant-based food service products and
contribute to the betterment of humanity by donating up to 25% of
all profits towards causes impacting people and planet. We are 65
people in Rohnert Park, CA and we welcome candidates from all walks
of life. We are reopening our office in January 2022 and have a
fully flexible remote work policy. With that said, we are giving
strong preference to candidates who are willing to come into our
offices initially for onboarding and then ideally 1-2 x week.The
Supply Chain Demand Planning Analyst is responsible for day-to-day
demand forecasting, replenishment planning, and event/opportunity
planning and execution. This position uses an analytical approach
to create and optimize demand forecast models, inventory
projections, distribution requirements, and capacity-constrained
supplier order plans. This position will also create and update
Supply Chain dashboards and support on ad-hoc reports/analysis.
Works with Sales and Account Management to supplement forecasts
with events, customer adds/drops, promotions, and external events
to generate seasonally-accurate forecasts. Works with suppliers to
plan for capacity constraints, efficient shipments, inventory
turns, and service.
The Demand Planning Analyst will be doing:
- Validates demand plans against actuals to continuously improve
- Performs activities required to maintain integrity of
forecasting tools, such as weekly & month-end forecast
- Calculates weekly Supplier planned orders, optimizing service,
turns, weeks of stock, and container utilization, to be
reviewed/approved by Sr. Supply Chain Mgr.
- Creates & implements new tool for sending of periodic purchase
forecasts to Suppliers.
- Ensures custom prints, special orders and direct-to-customer
shipments are being managed and ordered correctly and in a timely
- Proposes and manages warehouse-to-warehouse inventory
- Executes SKU setup & transition planning process (New SKU's,
EOL, & transitions).
- Tracks production molds and ensures mold capacity meets
- Manages, maintains, and sends various ad-hoc & scheduled
S&OP-related reports (e.g. demand planning, forecast accuracy,
inventory, fill rate).
- Provides input into planning methodology for potential new DC's
and/or DC footprint (e.g. new domestic DC's, JIT/Ship-Direct
- Provides input into methods for reducing supplier lead times
and optimization of inventory
- Monitors inbound logistics and PO-tracking activities.
- Reviews customer forecasts and provides feedback to Sales
- Continuously seeks to improve processes, productivity, and
reporting throughout the end-to-end Supply Chain.
- Keeps donation coordinator apprised of available overstock or
- Attends and provides input for various cross-functional
meetings (e.g. Sales, Material Review Board).
- Main point of contact for sales/account managers for inventory
allocation, bid proposals, and ability to service new accounts
based on currently available & projected inventory.
- Main point of contact for all suppliers for order management
and capacity planning.
- Provides input into tracking/scoring supplier performance,
based on agreed-upon KPI's and metrics.
- Coordinates with QC team on inventory impacts of QC holds or
- Plans for growth and works with existing and new suppliers for
- Cross-train with & act as backup for Purchasing Coordinator (as
required).The Demand Planning Analyst needs the folloiwng to be
- Bachelor's degree or higher required.
- 2+ years' experience in demand planning/forecasting.
- Advanced analytical and Data Visualization skills a plus.
- Familiarity with demand and production planning concepts,
software, applications a plus.
- Self-directed; ability to communicate findings, make
recommendations, and facilitate change.
- Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational
- Excellent project management and follow-up skills.
- Keen and precise attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel skills - fluency in pivot tables required.
Ability to write macros a plus.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
- APICS CPIM or equivalent certification a plus.
- Experience with outsourced Asia based manufacturing a plus.
Keywords: World Centric, Rohnert Park , Demand Planning Analyst, Professions , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!