Electrical Systems Engineer
Company: Dry Development and Investment Corporation
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: November 23, 2022
We Believe that Outstanding People are the Key to Success! Dry
Development is looking for the RIGHT person for permanent hire for
one of our Clients, a large life science company. Here's the
information you need to know: Compensation: $95K - $130K /annually
+ Full Benefits The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the
design and sustaining engineering for innovative product solutions
within Life Science applications and leading coordination of the
engineering activities for electrical hardware. The Electrical
Engineer will be considered the technical expert within Rohnert
Park Site Operations regarding all electronic aspects of scientific
instruments. The position requires a high level of influence within
the organization to enable creative solutions to complex problems.
The Electrical Engineer must provide guidance to the R&D,
engineering, and manufacturing organizations regarding new and
existing products to ensure the technical objectives are achieved.
The Electrical Engineer will coordinate all activities related to
product design and development around hardware. Duties:
- Technical lead for the design, development, and sustaining
aspects of the electrical products and components for all products
and instruments within the Life Science market for our client.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility,
design, operation, or performance of components and systems.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or
equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing or potential
electrical engineering studies or projects.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish
manufacturing, construction, or installation standards or
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical
systems, or topographical maps to ensure that installation and
operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments,
equipment, facilities, components, products, or systems for
commercial, industrial, or domestic purposes.
- Supervise or train project team members as necessary.
- Estimate labor, material, or construction costs for budget
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to
ensure conformance with engineering design, performance
specifications, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop test models of alternate designs or processing methods
to assess feasibility, sustainability, operating condition effects,
potential new applications, or necessity of modification.
- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose
faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of prototype and
validation units, including selection of manufacturing methods,
fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Coordinates, prioritizes and monitors new product development
activities to ensure that all functional groups are participating
and achieving their tactical activities in bringing new products to
- Builds relationships with customers and continually monitors
and profiles key Critical-To- Customer product fulfillment
requirements to ensure the company maintains a sustainable
competitive advantage over current industry incumbent suppliers of
- Analyzes the current competitive product performance
specifications for client's product lines.
- Provides regular updates to supervisor relative to new product
- Coordinate manufacturing, installation, maintenance, support,
documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with
specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Requires a bachelor's degree (advanced degree preferred) in a
technical discipline (Electrical Engineering) with at least 8 years
of experience in a high technology product development
- Experience using ECAD tools (Altium Designer highly
- Experience in a product environment targeted as instruments
and/or sub-systems for sales into OEM Instrument manufacturers, or
for complete OEM Instrument products for sales to end-users of such
equipment highly desirable.
- Familiar with regulatory requirements such as CE, UL,
- Familiar with a variety of technical disciplines such as
mechanical, physics, chemistry, and electrical.
- Excellent communication, public speaking and presentation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and
verbal) with customers and work within a team environment.
- Able to lift 35 pounds and work in a laboratory
- Ability to communicate by speech and hearing continuously, by
phone, in person, and other electronic media.
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer
- Must be willing to travel via plane/car/train as required,
approximately 10% to 15% of the time. Must be comfortable traveling
in geographic locations where customs and cultures are unfamiliar.
Our team is family, and our roots run deep. At Dry Development, we
believe that outstanding people are the key to success, and we've
been matching the Right people with the Right opportunities since
2005. - For a list of opportunities we're working on finding the
RIGHT people for, please visit www.DryDev.com/opportunities and
since we do not "collect" resumes by leaving up old job postings,
nor do we post every position we are recruiting for, be sure to
click the "Share Your Information" button if you don't see a
position that is of interest to you. - We provide exceptional
recruiting, temporary staffing, and consulting services by treating
each person like a person, not a number. Dry Development and
Investment Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training. PI196095136
Keywords: Dry Development and Investment Corporation, Rohnert Park , Electrical Systems Engineer, Other , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!