HOST - Shari's of Rohnert Park
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Reports To: Manager or Shift Leader on Duty
Position Summary: A host contributes to the success of Shari's by
demonstrating exceptional hospitality at the beginning and end of
each guest's dining experience. In addition, a host maintains the
cashier and foyer areas in a clean and orderly manner throughout
their shift and assists servers with beverages, delivering food and
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
duties and responsibilities listed below are those that must be met
to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an
- Provide a high level of hospitality to guests entering and
leaving the restaurant. Make an effort to recognize regular
- Answer the restaurant's phone and assist with guests'
- Warmly acknowledge and greet guests as they arrive at the
restaurant, escort and seat guests at an appropriate table, assist
guest with special seating requirements.
- Maintain an organized and accurate waiting list when immediate
seating is not available.
- Present menus, the specials of the day and offer beverages to
- Assist servers with refilling beverages, delivering meals and
- Cash out guest's check by accurately processing various forms
of payments and discounts.
- Present a guest feedback offer to each guest as they are cashed
- Clean and reset tables.
- Actively promote the sale of whole pies and retail items as
guests cash out.
- Assist guests, servers and cooks with the production and
assembly of takeout orders.
- Assist with preparing and decorating pies.
- Maintain a professional appearance including personal hygiene
and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to work.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional relationship with
coworkers and the management team, graciously offer and accept help
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and notify
management of any guest complaint.
- Keep the foyer, cash area and pie case neat, organized and
stocked; complete side work during non-busy hours.
- Protect restaurant guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and
alcohol beverage control policies
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as
requested by the manager at any time. PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Commitment to quality guest service and hospitality.
- Be personable, self-confident and generally likable. Be
optimistic and enthusiastic about what you do.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under varying degrees of
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and the ability count
back change and follow recipes and portions when preparing
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time
- Language Ability - Ability to read, write, speak and understand
English well. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability - Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers
and count back appropriate change. Ability to perform these
operations using units of United States money and weight
measurement, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral, form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in
- Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive
and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers
and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits Obtain and maintain required food handler and alcohol
service permits. WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the team member is
required to stand or walk for 2 hours at a time, up to 6 hours.
Team member will be able to sit approximately every 2 hours. Team
member will continuously be performing hand and wrist work
including grasping. Team member will frequently bend and twist.
Team member will occasionally push and pull and reach above the
shoulder. Team member will seldom be pushing/pulling, doing any
fine manipulation, kneeling, squatting or climbing. Team member
will continuously lift or carry 1-10 pounds; occasionally lift or
carry 11- 20 pounds.
Keywords: Shari's, Rohnert Park , HOST - Shari's of Rohnert Park, Other , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!