Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Company: Rohnert Park City
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The City of Rohnert Park is recruiting for a
FacilitiesMaintenance Supervisorto join the Buildings and
Facilities Maintenance Division of the Public Works Department. The
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor is a working supervisor,
responsible for supervising the daily activities of maintenance
personnel in assigned division, in addition to performing a variety
of operational and maintenance functions.
The Buildings and Facilities Maintenance Division is responsible
for overseeing the maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance
of City buildings, including hvac and related building control
systems, boilers, chillers, solar systems, swimming pool chemical
feed and filtration systems, as well as performing general
carpentry, concrete, welding and plumbing repair and installation
work. Additionally, the incumbent reviews plans and specification
for building system additions and rehabilitation projects.
To be considered for this opportunity, please visit "Job
Opportunities" at www.rpcity.org for an online application and the
required supplemental questionnaire. Work history must include all
employment for the last ten years. All applications will be
screened for completeness and possession of minimum qualifications.
Applications will be reviewed in detail to identify the most
qualified candidates to interview.
You may submit a resume or other relevant documents to further
describe your qualifications; however, "See Resume" will not meet
the requirements to submit a complete application, including
employment history, or be accepted inlieu of responses to
If you need assistance applying online, please click on the
Application Help/FAQ's link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/home/faq
If you are a CalPERS retiree, you may not work for the City of
Rohnert Park more than 960 hours per fiscal year, July 1st through
June 30th, nor in a regular, i.e. permanent, position. Work
assignments must be temporary, i.e. typically limited to 12
Under general direction, supervises and performs a variety of
activities and functions related to the operation, maintenance, and
repair of the City's facilities and infrastructure; performs
related duties as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general direction fromassigned supervisory or
management personnel. Exercises direct and general supervision over
The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor is a working supervisory
classification. Incumbents are responsible for planning,
organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of
Facilities Maintenance Worker I, II, and III. Performance of the
work requires the use of considerable independence, initiative, and
discretion within established guidelines. The class is
distinguished from the Facilities Maintenance Worker III by
requiring greater initiative, judgment, responsibility, autonomy,
and discretion relevant to the planning and completion of a wide
variety of maintenance and operational activities. Although the
incumbent in this position has day-to-day responsibility for
assigned projects, the position differs from the Public Works
Operations Manager - General Services by the lack of overall
responsibility for division operations.
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Illustrative Only)
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind
the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable
accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Supervises and plans work schedules; selects, trains and
monitors work performance of assigned personnel; prepares initial
draft of performance appraisals for personnel in assigned
- Responds to citizens' questions, concerns, complaints, and
claims with the intent to provide reasonable and responsible
- Attends meetings, seminars, conventions, and trainings.
- Schedules and conducts training and safety meetings for
- Supervises the operation, maintenance, repair, and replacement
of the facilities and equipment in the Division.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes data; initiates and approves
project expenditures; may authorize payment of departmental
invoices and expenditures.
- Performs a variety of operational tests and calculations, and
adjusts operating equipment and methods to ensure compliance with
local, State and Federal requirements.
- Determines and recommends equipment, materials, staffing,
safety needs, devices, and/or equipment for assigned operation,
maintenance, and improvement projects.
- Inspects and evaluates work in progress and upon
- Reads and interprets maps, diagrams, schematics, contracts, and
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems and plans and implements
efficient and effective solutions.
- Monitors and assists with the division's budget by researching
and making recommendations; determines and approves budget
- Prepares purchase orders; orders division's supplies and
materials; completes relevant department reports and maintains
other work-related records as needed.
- Operates and/or drives a variety of light and heavy equipment
including, but not limited to, tractors, dump trucks, backhoes,
forklifts, and bucket trucks.
- Works in confined space environments such as vaults and pits;
uses air monitoring equipment to detect unsuitable air
- Oversees or performs various activities, including painting and
repair of both interior and exterior of City buildings.
- Coordinates the use of equipment and procurement of materials
for assigned jobs.
- Plans review of upcoming city projects, works with city staff
and contractors throughout the construction or remodel process of
- Oversees contractors performing work on city facilities.
- Manages building management systems to operate and troubleshoot
HVAC and lighting control systems.
- Maintains heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Performs preventative maintenance on various building systems,
including lighting, exterior coating, HVAC and solar systems.
- Performs building repair and maintenance tasks, including
general carpentry work, painting, concrete, welding, plumbing, and
building electrical systems.
- Repairs roofs and building exterior systems, including various
siding and window systems.
- May perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and repairs of
chillers and boilers.
- Provides timely and responsive corrective action to customer
questions, concerns, complaints, and claims related to City
In performing the duties described above, the incumbent is
- Provide outstanding and friendly customer service.
- Create and maintain a respectful and collaborative working
- Communicate honestly and behave in a manner that is ethical,
legal and fiscally responsible.
- Demonstrate care for the organization, customers, and
- Perform work of the highest quality possible.
- Practice and encourage initiative and innovation to improve the
Qualifications and Requirements
- Methods, equipment and materials used to maintain public
facilities and infrastructure.
- Types and levels of maintenance and repair functions performed
in public works operations.
- Materials and supplies needed for completion of public works
- Occupational hazards and standard safety precautions and
- Recordkeeping principles and procedures.
- Principles and practices of budget development and
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including
work planning, assignment review and evaluation, discipline, and
the training of staff in work procedures. Basic principles of
organization and administration.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by
effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and City
- The structure and content of the English language, including
the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and
- Modern equipment and communication tools used for business
functions and program, project, and task coordination.
- Computers and software programs to conduct, compile, and/or
- Select and supervise staff, provide training and development
opportunities, ensure work is performed effectively, and evaluate
performance in an objective and positive manner.
- Assist in developing and implementing goals, objectives,
practices, policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports with the use of
- Demonstrate and direct others to follow safe work
- Works in confined space environments such as vaults and pits;
uses air monitoring equipment to detect unsuitable air
- Learn and implement new technology.
- Operate a variety of equipment, vehicles, power and hand
- Implement innovative techniques in response to mechanical and
- Prepare written correspondence including, but not limited to,
reports, memos, and spreadsheets.
- Understand, interpret, and apply all pertinent laws, codes,
regulations, policies and procedures, and standards relevant to
- Learn and understand the organization and operation of the City
and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned
- Independently organize work, set priorities, meet critical
deadlines, and follow-up on assignments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing,
using appropriate English grammar and syntax.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within
general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide
the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A
typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Equivalent tocompletion of the twelfth (12th) gradeand three (3)
years of increasingly responsible experience in construction,
maintenance, repair, and operations including one (1) year of lead
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Possession of a valid California driver's license by date of
appointment and a satisfactory driving record.
- Possession of a Certified Pool Operator Certificate issued by
the National Swimming Pool Foundation by date of appointment.
- Possession of Section 608 Technician Certification Type 2, 3
and/or Universal. Testing for certification must be administered by
an EPA-approved certifying organization license by date of
- Possession of Certificate of completion of Chillers: Operation
& Maintenance of Chilled Water Systems training provided by
National Technology Transfer, Inc. (also known as NTT Training), or
- Possession of Certificate of completion of Boilers: Technical &
Operational training provided by National Technology Transfer, Inc.
(also known as NTT Training), or equivalent.
Must possess mobility to work in the field; strength, stamina,
and mobility to perform medium to heavy physical work, to work in
confined spaces and around machines, to climb and descend ladders,
to operate varied hand and power tools and construction equipment,
and to operate a motor vehicle and visit various City sites; vision
to read printed materials and a computer screen; smell to recognize
and distinguish odors, and hearing and speech to communicate in
person and over the telephone or radio. The job involves fieldwork
requiring frequent walking in operational areas to identify
problems or hazards. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter,
and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to
operate above-mentioned tools and equipment. Positions in this
classification bend, stoop, kneel, reach, and climb to perform work
and inspect work sites. Employees must possess the ability to lift,
carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 70
pounds or heavier weights with the use of proper equipment and
assistance from other staff.
Employees work in the field and are exposed to loud noise
levels, cold and hot temperatures, inclement weather conditions,
road hazards, vibration, confining workspace, chemicals, mechanical
and/or electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and
fumes. May be required to wear respiratory equipment.Employees may
interact with members of the public or with staff under emotionally
stressful conditions while interpreting and enforcing departmental
policies and procedures.
May provide twenty-four-hour standby service.
Keywords: Rohnert Park City, Rohnert Park , Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!