Company: City of Rohnert Park
Location: rohnert park
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding position? Does the idea
of working at a community swimming pool appeal to you? Do you enjoy
working with children? If so, we need your help! The Community
Services Department is looking for enthusiastic, safety-conscious
individuals to work as a Part Time Swim Instructor , teaching group
swim lesson to children of all ages.
We will be holding mandatory staff training the week of June 2 -
June 5, 2021.
Please visit "Job Opportunities" at www.rpcity.org and click
"apply" to complete the online application form and the required
supplemental questions. Work history must include all employment
for the last ten years. All applications will be reviewed in detail
to identify the most qualified candidates to interview.
You may submit a resume or other relevant documents to further
describe your qualifications; however, "See Resume" will not meet
the requirements to submit a complete application, including
employment history or be accepted in lieu of responses to
If you need assistance applying online, please click on the
Application Help / FAQ line:
Instructs swimming classes; monitors students' safety; does related
work as required.
An employee in this classification is responsible for instructing
swim classes for beginner to advanced students.
Work is performed under the supervision of a Community Services
Program Coordinator (Aquatics) who reviews work primarily on the
basis of direct observation. Supervision is not normally a
responsibility of positions in this classification.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may
- Teaches swimming classes using appropriate lesson plans for
beginner to advanced students; demonstrates and monitors that
swimming skills and techniques are being performed properly and
- Monitors the safety of students and other patrons using the
swim center facilities.
- Responds to questions and inquiries from parents regarding
child's progress and/or Aquatics programs and activities.
- Maintains appropriate records regarding class participation and
- Administers First Aid in case of emergency.
- Attends and participates in in-service trainings.
- Performs other job-related duties or tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
EDUCATION/TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Any satisfactory combination of experience and training which
demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the
above-described duties. Prior experience working with children is
- First Aid AED must be obtained within 60 days of date of
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for the Professional Rescuer
must be obtained within 60 days of date of hire.
- Considerable knowledge of water safety, swim instruction,
lifesaving methods, first aid, and emergency procedures.
- Swimming skills and techniques; teaching and demonstrating
- Communicate directions/instructions both verbally and by
- Work effectively with people of all ages
- Create a positive learning environment
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Interpret and implement swim center policies
- Monitor the safety of students and other patrons using the swim
Employees work a flexible schedule, depending on program needs,
including working evenings, weekends, and shifting assignments as
program needs change. Employees work outdoors and are exposed to
variable weather conditions. Swim Instructors may be exposed to
chlorine, acids, and other chemicals at aquatics facilities, as
well as blood and body fluids rendering first aid and
cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Employees may interact with others
who may be upset in the performance of interpreting and enforcing
departmental policies and procedures. Employee possess the ability
to perform work that may involve lifting children through adults,
in and out of the pool, up to 100 pounds or more with assistance,
pulling a cover over the pool surface with assistance, and lifting,
straightening, and moving pool deck furniture and equipment. Need
the mobility to sit, walk, twist, grasp, turn, lift, kneel, stoop,
reach, bend, climb, and swim, while in swimwear. Must be in good
physical condition to stay in water for prolonged periods of time,
work in the extreme heat and/or cold, and the outdoors. Vision &
hearing within the normal range. Vision, may be corrected and
hearing as measured by a standard audiogram, should be good enough
to see and hear adults and children in life and/or health safety
endangering situations. Manual dexterity is required for handling
cash and completing reports and data entry.
Keywords: City of Rohnert Park, Rohnert Park , Swim Instructor, Other , rohnert park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!