RohnertParkRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Rohnert Park jobs

Category Insights Manager

Company: Traditional Medicinals
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: May 3, 2021

Job Description:

Job Summary:

This key Sales Strategy and Planning team manager-level role will lead the companys efforts to collect, analyze, interpret data, and provide actionable insights to sales, marketing, and cross-functional teams.  The Category Insights Manager will present data in well-designed charts, graphs, tables, and presentations that can be shared with our retailers.  Presentations should help sales team members make decisions, solve business issues, and uncover category and TM opportunities.  This role will be the liaison and resource for all syndicated data partners and will be responsible for informing the company of important consumption driven dynamics within the categories that we participate.  The Category Insights Managers role will be 80% defined while the remaining 20% will be opportunistic, and dependent on business situations and CIMs initiative.

Supervisor Responsibilities: N/A

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

  • Lead the Traditional Medicinals Category Insight and Management process development, collaboration, and execution.
  • Work in partnership with sales team members on presentations that incorporate a customer specific lens on category and TM business recommendations.
  • Prepare and present sales decks for customers that includes defense stories, price increase justification, new brand business issues, opportunities, assortment, and new item recommendations.
  • Proactively perform situational analysis and category deep-dives, customer and/or marketplace trends and changes in business dynamics.
  • At select retailers where TM has a category leadership position, dig deeper into opportunities, and collaborative ways to elevate our partnership.
  • Provide a monthly analysis on the state of the business on shipments and consumption.
  • Support the annual planning process by providing key shopper insights and category recommendations.
  • Works closely with Sales Planning Manager to provide brand trends and customer insights on the sales forecast.
  • Partner with customer marketing team to provide shopper insights and brand trends that can be used to create, update marketing collateral and support programming.  
  • Manage syndicated SPINS database and shopper marketing data vendors as key point of contact.

Minimum Requirements:

Experience

  • 5-8 years of category management and insights experience.
  • 5+ years relevant experience in CPG sales, marketing, or customer/trade marketing (preferred).

Education

  • College and/or University degree or equivalent experience.

Skills

  • A keen understanding of Category Management Principals
  • Strong business & financial acumen
  • Exceptional category analytics and problem-solving skills.
  • Strong communication skills and ability to influence others.
  • High sense of urgency and results focused.
  • Strong ability to build a selling story with high-level attention to detail.
  • Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong understanding of various syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, Retail Link, customer specific POS) are all strong assets.
  • Strong knowledge and understanding of Customer Shopper Data. 
  • Effective both independently and as part of a high-performing team with minimal supervision.
  • Able to travel up to 10% of the time.

Work Environment:

Employee works in a busy administrative office with moderate noise as well as visiting other offices, warehouses, production environments and external partner sites.

Traditional Medicinals, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud equal opportunity employers.  We wholeheartedly embrace authenticity, diversity, and peoples differences. We acknowledge, celebrate, and support individuality to the great advantage our consumers, our stakeholders, our products, and the planet.  We are committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our people.

We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.

Powered by JazzHR

Keywords: Traditional Medicinals, Rohnert Park , Category Insights Manager, Other , Rohnert Park, California

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category
within


Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest California jobs by following @recnetCA on Twitter!

Rohnert Park RSS job feeds