Medication Aide - Tech
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: March 30, 2021
Medication Aide - Tech--Position Summary: Multiple days/shifts
available Provides residents with medication services per the
health care orders in regard to administration or assistance with
medications and treatments, per State regulation, also provides
direct care to residents following their individualized service
plans.-- Benefits offered Example:
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for full-time
- Retirement plan options 401k
- FT/PT and on call shifts available
- Paid HCA Training--
- Free parking, meals, and a great team! --Responsibilities of
the Medication Aide - Tech:
- Resident charts. Keeping documentation current (Community
forms, licensing documentation, physician--orders, incident
- Communicate resident status changes.
- Ensure all medication documentation is current and correct,
including medication administration forms,--physician orders,
change of dosages, written orders to confirm telephone orders,
- Ensure the medication room is completely stocked with all
required continuous, PRN, over-the- Counter--(OTC), and other
medications as ordered by the physician.
- Coordinate medication orders and deliveries with
- Follows proper procedure pertaining to incidents/ accidents to
- Communicate with physicians and other healthcare providers as
- Monitor Psychotropic med use is congruent with physician orders
and ensuring resident behaviors actually--warrant the use of
- Completes an accurate accounting of all medications, including
controlled substances per policy.
- Control medication room access and key assignment.
- Pour, pass, and assist with the administration of medications
in accordance with state regulations.
- Coordinate physician and other medical appointments.
- Read all communication notes regarding the community between
the Caregiver shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.-- --Qualifications:-- To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.-- Education and
- --High school diploma or (GED);
- 6 months to 1-year related experience preferred and/or training
in direct care services with older adults, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of dementia and Alzheimer---s is a plus, may also
require special certification per state regulations.-- Special
Licenses and other Special Requirements:-- Must complete and pass
State required Medication Aide/Tech course.-- --About Cogir:--
COGIR Management USA delivered the Happy Living brand by listening
attentively to the--needs of American seniors, their families, and
our employees. Every Happy Living community is a unique and dynamic
place, shaped by the residents themselves and led by an empowered
on-site executive team. We promote local leadership so decisions
are made on-site, quickly, and in the best interests of the
community. --We are proud of our teams. Successful candidates must
be able to pass a background check, pre-employment TB and Physical
Keywords: Cogir, Rohnert Park , Medication Aide - Tech, Other , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!