Staff Nurse II Emergency Per Diem
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Position Overview:The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital
(SSRRH) is -located in the heart of Northern California's famous
wine country, just 50 miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes
from the beautiful Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care
services to the residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years,
SSRRH has -118 licensed beds (84 Inpatient, 24 Outpatient & 10
Labor & Delivery) and serves a population of more than 130,000
people. Centers of excellence include: Interventional Cardiology,
Cardiac Surgery, Women's and Children's Services, and Level III
NICU. -JOB SUMMARY -Provides professional nursing care for
patients. - Under the general direction of the Manager, the Staff
Nurse II independently uses the nursing process to safely,
compassionately, therapeutically and efficiently provide
individualized care for a group of patients for which the nurse
demonstrates age specific competencies. - Uses information from a
variety of sources to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the
results of patient care. - May supervise the work and function for
other staff nurses, licensed vocational nurses, nursing assistants
and clinical support associates. Must have ability to work during
weekdays, weekends, holidays, and various shift hours. -PRINCIPAL
ACCOUNTABILITIES -Demonstrates the ability to use all components of
the nursing process including assessment, planning, implementing
and evaluating care to meet the individual patient's needs
according to their age, culture and condition.
- Assesses patients, identifies obvious as well as subtle patient
problems and/or abnormal assessments, anticipates changes in
patient's condition and appropriately reports and resolves.
- Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment. -
Involves patient, family and interdisciplinary resources to develop
and revise the plan of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age
appropriate care in compliance with Standards of Care and Standards
- Provides assistance to others in implementing complex care and
treatments within their age specific categories.
- Administers medications and treatments according to hospital
policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care
and department standards.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families and other
health care providers. Participates in multidisciplinary patient
care conferences as needed.
- Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their
own interest and intervenes as an advocate when they are unable to
- Reassesses and evaluates patient response to care and takes
appropriate action to assure patient's needs are being met.
- Participates with patient/family and other members of the
healthcare team in evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Substantiates patient care provided with appropriate
documentation.Demonstrates leadership in daily activities on the
- Promotes collaborative/caring relationships.
- Acts as a resource to team members.
- Supervises assigned staff members, based on knowledge of the
person's job description and scope of practice.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to hospital,
departmental policies and procedures and regulatory
- Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources and
participates in identification and implementation of cost saving
- Demonstrates commitment to hospital's mission, values and
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, participates in at
least one activity/project, to help the department/hospital improve
quality, cost effectiveness or customer/patient service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Participates in professional
- Maintains clinical competencies according to departmental
- Demonstrates a commitment for continuous learning.
- Participates in the annual performance review process by
identifying, developing and implementing goals and action plan with
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
department communications and changes in practice.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and
participates in research or performance improvement
- Attends and participates in department staff
meetings.Qualifications:License CertificationCalifornia License as
a Registered Nurse -EducationAssociate's Degree in Nursing
required, Bachelor's Degree preferred - -ExperienceRN II: -Six
months recent professional nursing experience required. -Knowledge
-Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
-Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care Team.
-Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide
age-specific care to patients serviced, including knowledge of the
principles of growth and development and psychosocial
characteristics and interpreting age appropriate data for the
populations served in the department. - -Demonstrates appropriate
communication and patient education skills for the patient
population served. -Demonstrates basic computer skills and use of
office equipment (e.g., fax machine, scanner, etc.). -Demonstrates
competencies required by department (per initial orientation and
annual review). Working knowledge of established safety topics
(e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety, Disaster) as required
by department and organizational standards.Organization:Sutter
Santa Rosa Regional HospitalEmployee Status: RegularBenefits:
NoPosition Status: Non-ExemptUnion: YesJob Shift: VariableShift
Hours:12 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:Varied DaysWeekend
Requirements: Every Other WeekendSchedule: Per DiemHrs Per 2wk Pay
Period:Per DiemApplications Accepted:All Applications
AcceptedSchedule/Shift: Per Diem/ Variable
Keywords: Sutter Health, Rohnert Park , Staff Nurse II Emergency Per Diem, Healthcare , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!