Staff RN II - Surgical Services *$20,000 Sign-On-Bonus and Relocation Assistance*
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are looking for a Staff Nurse II for the Surgical Services
Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. Apply Today! Applicants
that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional
questions from our Modern Hire system. Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 72 Biweekly Hours Shift: 12-hour, Days
(Variable) Job Summary: Under the direction of the Department
Manager, the Staff Nurse II independently uses the nursing process
to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of
patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess,
plan implement and evaluate the results of patient care. Sign-on
Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for
payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and
compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first
day of employment. Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates the ability to use all components of the nursing
process including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating
care to meet the patient needs.
- Assesses patients according to department standards and
anticipates changes in patients ' status.
- Identifies obvious as well as subtle patient problems and/or
abnormal assessments and appropriately reports and resolves.
- Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
- Involves patient and family and interdisciplinary resource to
develop and revise plan of care.
- Uses action plans, goals and time frames to produce desired
- Implementing Care:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age specific patient 's needs, including
teaching and discharge planning. Documents care appropriately.
- Provides assistance to others in implementing complex
- Administers medications and treatments according to hospital
policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care
and department standards.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, patients and families
within their age specific categories, providing necessary
information from the patient, family, other nurses, physicians and
allied health care professionals.
- Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their
own interest and intervenes when they are unable to do so.
- Evaluating Care:
- Assesses, reassesses and evaluates patient response to
- Participates with patient/family and other healthcare provided
in evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates leadership in handling daily activities on the
- Promotes and enhances collaborative/caring relationships.
- Acts as a resource to team members.
- Supervises assigned staff members, based on knowledge of the
person's job description and scope of practice.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to JCAHO, Title
22, hospital, departmental policies and procedures and other
- Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources by working
within established budget parameters.
- Participates in identification and implementation of cost
- Demonstrates commitment to department objectives and standards
and in collaboration with the nurse manager, participates in at
least one activity, project, to help the department/hospital
maintain high quality, cost effective workflow and service to
- Participates in professional development:
- Maintains clinical competencies according to departmental
- Demonstrates a commitment for self-growth and competency.
- Participates in the review process by identifying, developing
and implementing goals and action plan with nurse manager.
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
department communications/information and changes in practice.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and
participates in research/quality data collection.
- Assists in modifying/improving practice based on clinical
findings and literature.
- Participates with the nurse manager in the development and
implementation of department goals.
- Other specific competencies that have been identified by the
manager related to changes in departmental operations that focus on
current clinical practices and are listed on the Supplemental
- Surgical Services:
- To provide intraoperative care for patients of all ages
undergoing surgery in the following specialties: ? General. ?
Genitourinary/Kidney transplant. ? Gynecologic. ? Vascular. ?
Trauma. ? Orthopedics. ? Neuro. ? ENT/Eye. ? Plastic. ? Open Heart
- Provides care to patients during surgical procedures to ensure
safe and appropriate stabilization during and following surgery and
anesthesia. Procedures include general, genitourinary, gynecologic,
vascular, orthopedics, neuro, ENT, eye, and plastic. Related tasks
include set up of equipment dictated by procedures (Electronic
Surgery Unit, Video tower, Microscopes, all others); making
appropriate and timely responses to emergent situations (e.g.,
difficult intubation, delirium emergence requiring patient
restraint, vomiting requiring patient positioning, all others);
providing medications, sterile supplies, instruments, and equipment
for sterile field; and others.
- Performs pre-op assessments of patients ' physiologic and
psychological needs in a competent and comprehensive manner.
Reports abnormal assessment and documents assessment data according
to O.R. department standards and reports information to
Anesthesiologists and Surgeons.
- Evaluates the outcome of patient care by reporting changes,
documenting patient responses, consulting with appropriate
personnel and providing rationale for nursing action or inaction
based on outlined protocols.
- Contributes to the individualized patient care plan by
initiating the patient care plan and utilizing development stage
appropriate interventions, reviewing/updating patient care plan,
etc. Implements patient's plan of care by delivering care,
demonstrating skills, administering/legibly documenting medications
as directed, performing and legibly documenting treatments and
procedures, etc., as instructed in department
- Additional functions: directs, oversees and advises Surgical
Technicians in the performance of their functions as needed;
assists anesthesiologists during induction of anesthesia; prepares
operating sites with skin preps; positions patients for procedures;
updates physician preference information on a daily basis;
accurately completes and documents patient charges according to
department protocol; moves at a rapid pace to accomplish organized
and efficient room turnovers; contributes to the management and
efficient operation of the department; participates in performance
improvement by performing indicated departmental accountabilities;
and others as noted in SJHS job description for Staff Nurse II or
- Able to communicate effectively in English (verbal and
- Effective skills in communication, problem solving,
interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing
- Has the ability to think critically.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Basic computer skills.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care
Team. Minimum Position Requirements: Experience:
- 6 months experience as a RN in a health care setting.
- Surgical Services: 1 year experience in surgical setting.
- Current California RN licensure.
- BLS within 60 days of hire. Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Experience: 1 year Acute
care experience. Licenses/Certifications:
- Surgical Services:
- IVPS. Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for
decades to improve health and quality of life in California's North
Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St.
Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital
in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to
those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent,
acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services.
Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence include the
278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II
trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and
43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates
of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care
centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County
Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph
Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network
(post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral hub for
outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral
health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic
disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit
programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life
throughout the area.Providence provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as "on
call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled
on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies. Company:
Sonoma County Entities Category: Surgical Services (Intraop) Req
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Rohnert Park , Staff RN II - Surgical Services *$20,000 Sign-On-Bonus and Relocation Assistance*, Healthcare , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!