Patient Health Advocate - HSS Care Connect
Company: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: May 1, 2021
We are looking for a Patient Health Advocatefor the HSS Care
ConnectDepartment at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare. Location:
Rohnert Park, CA Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift:8-hour, Days Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications
will receive some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Job Summary: Working with the Case Manager, the Patient Health
Advocate is a member of the Care Management team the Health
Advocate assists with the daily management of a patient population
by collecting detailed information regarding the patient,
monitoring care, scheduling preventative and follow-up visits, and
assisting the patient with goal setting and the management of their
care. Essential Functions:
- Assists in patient care management by having an assigned
patient population and/or assists the Provider and Care Manager in
patient care management. Actively participates in the planning,
preparation and data collection on managed patients. Anticipates
the needs of assigned patient population.
- Promotes successful program implementation and quality
cost-effective outcomes within the scope of responsibility.
Maintains clinical competency requirements within scope of
practice. Demonstrates initiative for self-improvement and
completes required competencies.
- Participates as a team member and communicates effectively with
the health care team. Participates in staff meetings and other
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Communicates with
patient/family in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
Obtains confirmation that information given to patient/family was
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of ICD-9 coding.
- Manages patient cases under the direction of the Registered
- Schedules appointments (new and return) and ancillary
tests/surgeries. Is responsible for new patient coordination.
- Documents/reports patients concerns and symptoms, reactions,
and changes (appropriate to age) to licensed clinic personnel.
- Performs clinical documentation of all appropriate notes, in
the patients medical record, and/or care management system both
timely and accurately under the direction of the Care Management
team, ensures that patient receives results of laboratory and
diagnostic tests, special test instructions, and other information
in a timely manner.
- Coordinates communication and transactions between patient,
ancillary services, consultants, and physicians. Coordinates
authorization required by insurance.
- Creates the necessary care management reports timely and
- Works with Utilization Management and insurance companies, when
needed, to assist patient.Skills:
- Basic computer skills in a Windows operating environment
including, Microsoft Word and ability to learn various new computer
systems and software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic
health/safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
Knowledge of infection control procedures and safety
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional
- Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate
for the job.
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions.
- High-level customer service skills in interactions with all
patients, families, and staff, including high volume and stressful
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and
- Ability to work as a contributing member of an
- Ability and willingness to travel between Ministry
- Preferred: Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
including Word and Excel.
- Preferred: Bilingual English/Spanish communication.Minimum
Position Requirements: Education:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Graduate of a State recognized vocational school or equivalent
- Coursework/Training - Completed coursework in Medical
Terminology or working knowledge of Medical
Terminology.Experience:5 years related work experience in an acute
care or ambulatory care facility, or medical group practice.
- MA certificate.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Valid California drivers license.Preferred Position
Qualifications: Education:Associate's Degree Experience:
- Managed care experience.
- Allscripts Enterprise or IDX
experience.Licenses/Certifications:Current LVN license in State of
California. Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's
most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75
locations throughout California, including, Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage
Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of
success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and
a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and
values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo, Rohnert Park , Patient Health Advocate - HSS Care Connect, Healthcare , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!