Patient Health Advocate - HSS Care Connect
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: April 9, 2021
We are looking for a Patient Health Advocate with the HSS Care
Connect at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare. Location: Rohnert Park,
CA Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours Shift: 8 Hour -
Days Job Summary: Working with the Case Manager, the Patient Health
Advocate is a member of the Care Management team the Health
Advocate assists with the daily management of a patient population
by collecting detailed information regarding the patient,
monitoring care, scheduling preventative and follow-up visits, and
assisting the patient with goal setting and the management of their
- Basic computer skills in a Windows operating environment
including, Microsoft Word and ability to learn various new computer
systems and software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic
health/safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
Knowledge of infection control procedures and safety
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional
- Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate
for the job.
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions.
- High-level customer service skills in interactions with all
patients, families, and staff, including high volume and stressful
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and
- Ability to work as a contributing member of an
- Ability and willingness to travel between Ministry
- Preferred: Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
including Word and Excel.
- Preferred: Bilingual English/Spanish communication. Minimum
Position Qualifications: Education:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Graduate of a State recognized vocational school or equivalent
- Coursework/Training - Completed coursework in Medical
Terminology or equivalent educ/experience
- Education/Experience Equivalencies: Medical Terminology
coursework: Working knowledge of Medical Terminology Experience: 5
years related work experience in an acute care or ambulatory care
facility, or medical group practice Licenses and Certifications:
- MA certificate.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Valid California driver's license Preferred Position
Qualifications: Education: Associate's Degree Experience:
- Managed care experience
- Allscripts Enterprise or IDX experience Licenses and
- Current LVN license in State of California. St. Joseph Health -
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most
respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75
locations throughout California, including, Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage
Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of
success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and
a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and
values. St. Joseph Health - Mission Heritage Medical Group provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Rohnert Park , Patient Health Advocate - HSS Care Connect, Healthcare , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!