Director of Co-Manufacturing
Company: Traditional Medicinals, Inc.
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Department: Supply Chain Reports To: Chief Supply Chain
OfficerSummaryIn this key new role for Traditional Medicinals, the
Director of Co-Manufacturing will be responsible for all planning,
scheduling, and materials based on demand forecasts. The Director
of Co-Manufacturing will be the face of TM and manage and negotiate
all existing and any new co-packer contracts and relationships.
This involves 5-7 3rd party co-packers to ensure TM's quality
standards and processes are followed. The Director of
Co-Manufacturing role will coordinate production processes and
staff in third-party manufacturing facilities based in the United
States and Canada. This position will play a crucial role on TM's
Innovation Team and must-attend industry trade shows for the latest
and future trends. The ideal candidate will need to have strong
skills in manufacturing, communication, technical and food safety
understanding, problem-solving skills, and be willing to travel
40%.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage current and future relevant co-manufacturers and
co-packers to meet the production needs of TM's current and new
- Prepare and present new projects, plans, and opportunities to
all levels of management.
- Evaluate contract manufacturers' qualifications, equipment
capabilities, and needs.
- Able to negotiate contracts and effectively layout terms and
conditions in conjunction with procurement to management and
- As the face of TM, ethically represent the Company and be
compliant with the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Work with production scheduling to flex capacity at multiple
manufacturing facilities across the United States and Canada.
- Confirm reception of bulk ingredients, packaging, and other
- Confirming quality control requirements are in place for
production in conjunction with TM Quality Assurance.
- Confirm pre-production and post-production, and
project-specific requirements are being carried out.
- Work with the logistics team to ensure inbound and outbound
freight occurs as scheduled.
- Prepare metrics, production briefs, and de-briefs to
communicate target goals and analyze productivity results.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with management and
staff at each facility.
- Exercise good judgment in problem-solving and quality
- Document processes and procedures which standardize and support
Company and regulatory information requirements.
- Drive the Company's continuous improvement efforts for its
outside manufacturing and processing operations
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Requirements:
- 8+ years' experience in the food and beverage or packing
industry with increasing responsibility overseeing production
operations is required.
- Experience in a manufacturing setup, production needs, and line
- Strong understanding of weights and measures, conversion
factors, freight, and logistics.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong public speaking skills, favorable phone presence.
- Strong skills in time management, prioritizing tasks and being
- Be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. Be
- Have a strong sense of job ownership coupled with a solid team
- Be adept at complex problem-solving. Demonstrate innovation and
- Be highly resourceful. Be relationship-based. Be organized and
take an attention to detail approach.
- Must maintain a high standard of personal and corporate
integrity and work ethics.
- Experience in a co-packing facility or plant management is a
- Must be able to establish a partnership across functional areas
within TM: Manufacturing, Quality, Demand Planning, Production
Scheduling, Transportation, Inventory, Sourcing/Procurement,
Marketing, R&D, and external contacts (co-packers and
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and lead in a high-growth
environment and manage ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deploy best practices
processes for the function.
- Experience in dealing with highly volatile supply chains,
preferably agricultural commodities.Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field
(Engineering, Business, Manufacturing). MBA preferred.Personal
- Strong motivational and leadership skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Understand how to be strategic while getting things done.
Strong analytical skills.
- Resourceful and self-sufficient - understand how to execute
with the resources of a company this size.
- Proactive in attitude and action but gets buy-in from key
stakeholders and people.
- Have a demonstrated acumen for trying new things and managing
change in terms of pace, the need for balance, communication, and
- Appreciative and respectful of the history and how changes
- Data-driven decision-maker.
- Ability to analyze business problems from both a qualitative
and quantitative perspective.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- A passion for advancing customer and supplier
- Passionate believer of visual metrics and focused KPIs.
- Exceptionally well organized and accurate with details.
- Ability to drive organizational improvement through goal
setting and management of KPIs.
- Highly creative and out-of-the-box thinking.Travel Requirements
- Ability to travel up to 40%, both domestically and
- Ability to meet minimum physical requirements to work in a
manufacturing environment, including but not limited to: the
ability to sit, stand for two or more hours at a time, the ability
to operate a computer and office equipment, and the ability to lift
up to 20 pounds throughout the dayWork Environment:
- Employee works in a busy administrative office with moderate
noise as well as visiting other offices, warehouses, production
environments and external partner sites.
- This position is based in Rohnert Park, CA. Office hours are
Monday through Friday, 8:30 - 5:00 pm. This is a hybrid
position.Pay range $150,000 - $173,000
Keywords: Traditional Medicinals, Inc., Rohnert Park , Director of Co-Manufacturing, Executive , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!