Resident Manager - Permanent Supportive Housing
Company: BURBANK HOUSING DEVELOPMENT CORP
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: January 20, 2023
VIDA NUEVA APTS. - Rohnert Park, CA
Up to 25%
Admin - Clerical
Summary: The Resident Manager of Vida Nueva Apartments is
responsible for oversight of the daily operations of this apartment
complex. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
reviewing applications for potential tenants, renting or leasing
apartments, collection of rents and deposits, oversees use of
community room, multi-purpose room, coordinates maintenance of
property, investigates and resolves tenant complaints and issues,
prepares necessary reports, and supervises on-site staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects
Burbank Housing's definition of essential functions for this job
but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Review tenant applications for eligibility; maintain and purge
waiting lists; show available units.
- Follows Burbank Housing's procedure for processing eligible
applicants within the program guidelines attached to the property
(i.e. TCAC, CHFA, HUD, RHCP). Works diligently to ensure that all
new move-in files are complete and orderly.
- Attends training as needed and recommended by Burbank Housing.
This training may require overnight stays out of town.
- Walks property at least twice per day (once in the morning and
once in the evening) to assure residents of management presence and
to monitor the overall appearance of the property.
- Attends regular in-house training and informational meetings
offered by Burbank Housing.
- Ensures that vacant units are "turned" in the fastest possible
time by monitoring timeliness of vendors and maintenance staff.
Walks vacant unit daily to monitor progress of turn.
- Keeps property vacancy loss to a minimum by processing multiple
applicants simultaneously upon receipt of notice of intent to
vacate by current resident.
- Distributes rent bills, collects rent and security deposits for
submittal to the accounting department. Works with accounting staff
to facilitate smooth accounting procedures; fills out Tenant Status
Change Orders in a timely fashion.
- Completes lease form, outlines conditions and terms of
occupancy with new resident and completes relevant paperwork.
- Performs annual re-certification of tenants, completes required
weekly reports, monthly reports, ticklers and compliance
- Cooperates with compliance staff in submitting requested
information for audits, inspections and annual reports for lenders
and regulatory agencies.
- Supervises on-site staff, providing constant feedback through
verbal and written communications, participates in annual
performance reviews, sets priorities and goals, collection of time
sheets, and oversight of work to ensure timeliness and a
- Instructs tenants in emergency procedures, appliance use, and
- Investigates tenant complaints and resolves tenant issues,
prepares written incident reports, prepares and serves tenant
warning notices, 3-Day notices, 10-Day notices, and 30-Day notices,
appears in eviction proceedings, and maintains a daily Manager's
- Shows vacant units and applies approved marketing strategies to
reduce vacancy loss.
- Conducts annual unit inspections, walk through of vacated units
assessing any damage, cost of repairs, and arrange turnover
repairs. Prepares security deposit refund statements and submits to
accounting department for disbursement in accordance with lease
- With the Maintenance Crew Leader and Maintenance Operations
Manager, schedules maintenance staff, engages subcontractors in
repairing plumbing or electrical malfunctions, painting of
apartments or buildings, and maintaining landscaping or gardening
work, and prepares maintenance work orders for all maintenance work
to be performed.
- May need to act as a repair person in an emergency.
- Provide local information of available nearby schools, shopping
malls, recreational facilities, and public transportation.
- Oversees, coordinates, and maintains calendar of events and
users for multi-purpose room and computer room use.
- Works in cooperation with Service Coordinator staff.
- Under the direction of the Director of Property Management,
assist with the creation and implementation of new forms, policies
and procedures related to on-site management.
- Under the direction of the Regional Property Manager, provide
on-site, one-on-one training to new site managers and/or properties
which may need assistance due to staffing and/or training
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Requirements: The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made (except experience levels) to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
Education and/or Experience: At least 3 years experience managing a
large apartment complex, subsidized housing experience preferred.
Real Estate license or college level property management course
work is preferred.
- Commitment & enthusiasm towards achieving Burbank Housing's
Mission and Vision Statements.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse
group of people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task.
Language Skills: Proficiency in English is required in both spoken
word and written language. Ability to read and interpret rental
agreements, government regulations, and budgets. Ability to write
effective business correspondence. Ability to effectively
communicate information and respond to questions from groups and
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
Reasoning Abilities: Ability to analyze and interpret technical
procedures and instructions. Ability to collect data, establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Management Skills: Ability to supervise, train, and direct on-site
staff. Must be detail oriented, well organized, and must be
sensitive to the needs and concerns of tenants and staff.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Drivers License, a
satisfactory driving record, and automobile insurance per
requirements of the State of California.
- Working knowledge of computer software and systems: Excel,
Word, Windows XP, Outlook E-Mail
- Clean or acceptable criminal background history for employee
and adults age 18 years and older who reside with employee.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee
is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to handle
objects/operate keyboards, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms from the waist and above the shoulders; stoop; kneel and
crouch; lift up to 30 pounds; talk and hear. A pre-placement
physical is required.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is
Keywords: BURBANK HOUSING DEVELOPMENT CORP, Rohnert Park , Resident Manager - Permanent Supportive Housing, Executive , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!