Supplier Quality Manager
Company: Traditional Medicinals
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Summary : As the Supplier Quality Manager, you will be
responsible for maintaining and improving the supplier quality
management system for Traditional Medicinals raw material suppliers
and co-manufacturers. You will also ensure our external partners
are in compliance with all quality, legal and regulatory standards.
You will effectively manage change, proactively identify and
resolve supply risks, and ensure timely reporting of supplier and
co-manufacturer KPIs. Additionally, you will play a key role in
onboarding and maintaining relationships with new suppliers from
around the globe, ensuring successful execution of Traditional
Medicinals strategic sourcing plan. Essential Functions:
- Ensure robust supplier quality management systems are in place
and in use.
- Develop and/or review quality standards to ensure
- Develop an audit schedule and ensure timely execution and
completion of audits of third-party manufacturers and suppliers
according to the supplier qualification procedure.
- Drive effective change control with suppliers and monitor
changes at suppliers to ensure compliance with Quality Agreement
and TM quality standards.
- Maintain and evolve the supplier qualification program
including all required documentation.
- Qualify new herb vendors, herb processors, packaging vendors
and co-manufacturing partners.
- Apprise Quality Leadership of repeated issues and
- Report on supplier and co-manufacturer risks to executive
- Collaborate with the Innovation and R&D teams to support
the development of new products at co-manufacturers.
- Serve as PCQI for Traditional Medicinals.
- Work with Procurement and Co-manufacturing to set supplier
quality development strategy and action plans.
- Define key quality metrics to monitor performances for key
- Drive effective Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Action /
Preventive Action (CAPA) program with Suppliers to avoid quality
- Ensure effective risk mitigation in food and quality risk
management, to reduce or mitigate risks in supply and
- Provide input into Quality Agreements.
- Support and participate in regulatory inspections as SME on TMs
- Review all ingredient specification, and intermediate and
finished goods produced for TM at third party locations.
- Represent Traditional Medicinals within industry/trade
- Develop and manage staff of 2-3 Supplier Quality Specialists
- Direct reports include Supplier 2-3 Quality Specialists
- No direct departmental budgetary oversight Requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience in Quality Control and Quality
Assurance, preferably in a dietary supplements or pharmaceutical
- 3+ years of leadership experience, including hiring, managing,
and developing a team,
- Foreign Supplier Verification Program Qualified Individual
(FSVP QI) experience a plus.
- Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline required, advanced
degree a plus
- Strategic thinker with an excellent track record of executing a
plan and making risk-based decisions.
- Experience working in cross functional teams and in
collaboration with multiple functional roles.
- Excellent working knowledge of botanical quality
- Excellent working knowledge of food and dietary supplement
- Ability to effectively interpret, understand and communicate
regulations to a diverse audience
- Ability to effectively influence and collaborate with others
Travel Requirements: Travel 15-25%. Some international travel
required. Physical/Mental Requirements: While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a
computer for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally
required to stand; walk and travel to locations. The employee must
occasionally lift 10-15 pounds. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Traditional Medicinals, Rohnert Park , Supplier Quality Manager, Executive , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!