Director of Marketing Communications
Company: Traditional Medicinals, Inc.
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Job Summary: The Director of Marketing Communications will lead
our brand communication strategy and execution, rooted in our
purpose and values, to create deep consumer connections that help
grow TM's following. The role is responsible for brand-level
internal and external communications.
This role requires extensive collaboration with internal and
external stakeholders to develop, oversee, and manage communication
strategies, content and channels. The role partners closely with
the Brand, Social Good, Sustainability and Sourcing teams to
communicate our brand purpose and products.
- 3 Direct Reports (2 Marketing Communications Managers, 1
Manager of Consumer Response) with a total team of 5.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver the strategic communications roadmap that
connects our consumers, customers, suppliers, employees, local
communities, and partners to our purpose, values, products and
- Lead the Marketing Communications team to integrate and share
our company purpose and impact across public-facing channels (PR,
social media, digital platforms, influencers, etc.)
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, including
communications agencies, to drive greater brand and company
awareness and create stronger brand/company affinity
- Elevate TM's profile through PR including media relations,
influencers, industry groups, speaking engagements, and media
- Lead and execute external & internal brand communications;
develop overall narrative and message framework
- Create and maintain annual communications calendar. Coordinate
with other functions to ensure messages are consistent and
- Partner with TM's Social Good, Sustainability and Sourcing
teams to tell our unique story and impact across digital platforms
(i.e., social media, influencers, website)
- Serve as a key liaison working across departments to ensure
consistency and standards for communications reaching internal and
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing or general
- More than ten years of related experience
- CPG/Food Industry Experience strongly preferred
- A genuine commitment to TM's purpose to inspire deeper
connections to plant wisdom in service of people and the planet. An
ability to lead hearts and minds through connection to
- Demonstrated mastery of internal and external communications
with fluency in the most current communications media and how these
media need to be linked as part of a communications platform to
create a differentiated brand.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. A proven
- Conceptual, creative thinker who can thrive in a fast-paced
- Proven ability to allocate resources (people and budget) to
deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Strong strategic thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to
turn strategies into actions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with
cross-functional teams, resulting in decision-making and
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate strong internal and
- Managing Vision & Purpose - Understand and support the
organization's purpose and vision - its core reason for being.
Believe in the purpose and vision, value it, and show commitment to
it. Communicate it to staff, stand behind it, and interpret its
applications for others. Frequently refer to the purpose, vision
and core values and incorporate it into daily activities.
- Strategic Thinking - Show clear business acumen and the ability
to act with the future in mind. Plan and make decisions within the
framework of the TM's strategic intent. Know and understand the
intricacies of the business and the factors influencing strategy.
Consider future impact when weighing decisions. Constantly think in
terms of expanding the business, challenge pre-existing
conceptions, encourage new ways of thinking, always look for
innovative ways to grow and achieve competitive advantage.
- Prioritization & Planning - Demonstrate strong prioritization
and planning skills that drive the highest impact. Manage
effectively with multiple competing priorities. Plan, organize, and
actively set priorities for maximum engagement of teams, greatest
impact for the organization and highest levels of
Keywords: Traditional Medicinals, Inc., Rohnert Park , Director of Marketing Communications, Executive , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!