Senior Manager, Sales Planning
Company: Newell Brands
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Reports To: Director, Global Supply Chain Tech Apparel The
Senior Manager, Sales Planning is responsible for leading a highly
functioning team in developing and delivering compelling category
growth for our customers derived from brand business plans and
deployed in partnership with the sales and merchandising
organization. The Senior Manager has accountability to maximize the
distribution of seasonal assortments and drive commercialization
and innovation through distribution, pricing, shelf and
merchandising initiatives across all product categories. This
position will work as a cross functional leader in the development
of strategic channel and customer programs, optimized assortments
and seasonal recommendations and is accountable to deliver sales
and profitability metrics for both Marmot and ExOfficio brands.
- Oversees the sales planning team who will provide customer
trends and insights that inform short- and long-term development
- Leads and development a highly functioning sales planning team
comprised of managers, planners and analysts. Drives career
development and engagement.
- Key cross functional leader internally and externally with the
ability to collaborate, problem solve and influence.
- Drives long term sales, margin and inventory goals through
oversight of robust pre-season strategies and in-season plans to
hit budget and mitigate risk. Identifies risks and counter measures
- Understands brand and customer priorities and uses the planning
process to drive strategic alignment. Strategizes with customers on
business trends, sales opportunity and path to deliver financial
- Recommends seasonal and annual sku assortment priorities,
delivers financial targets and drives synergies across customers
and brands that enable sales growth. Manages assortment mix to
maximize sales and profitability.
- Manages the development of high-quality SKU level demand plan
by utilizing best-practice processes including statistical
forecasting, knowledge of the business and robust cross-functional
- Oversees monthly forecast process and roll-ups that drive
strategic in season action plans, mitigating risk, optimizing
inventory and driving to financial goals for the businesses.
- Utilizes consumer and product insights to drive annual planning
processes in tandem with sales, merchandising and finance. Key
- University or four-year college
- MBA preferred
- Skilled in channel management, brand management and merchandise
planning, ecommerce experience preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years of purchasing, buying or merchandise
- Excellent understanding of forecasting and forecast analysis
techniques along with their financial and operational impacts.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to document detailed process and functional
specifications as required.
- Proven successful track record on cross-functional team
projects, including leading teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate across functional
departments and levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to build a business
case for proposed solutions.
- Strong strategic skills with ability and vision to map out
"future state" business processes.
- Ability to travel as needed to support our business needs.
- Experience with MRP/ERP, SAP AFS systems and the ability to
optimize settings and performance a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access and Outlook. Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global
consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known
brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers,
Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby
Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and
Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands
makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers
and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
are encouraged to apply. Get tailored job recommendations based on
your interests. Location Rohnert Park, California, United States
Category Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations Job Id 2101534 The
Manager, Sales Planning is responsible for developing and
delivering compelling category growth for our customers derived
from brand business plans and deployed in partnership with the
sales and merchandising... Location Rohnert Park, California,
United States Category Sales & Customer Development Job Id 2101529
The Sr. Sales Manager is accountable for developing business and
directing the sale of all Marmot & ExOfficio branded products, in
keeping with NBTA's business plans, brand positioning strategies,
profitability... Location Victorville, California, United States
Category Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations Job Id 2101581
Manage a team of up to 15 Traffic associates, on all shifts, at all
sites o Logistics Planners o Traffic Clerks o Wave Planners. Manage
all claims processes o File claims with carriers (shortages,
damages,... Location Winfield, Kansas, United States Category
Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations Job Id 2101573 Position
Title: Manager, Environmental Health & Safety Reports to: Plant
Manager Location: Winfield, KS The position will provide support to
all Safety and Wellness a How would you rate your experience popup
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment
with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military
status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic
information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis
prohibited by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster
and additional EEO information.
Keywords: Newell Brands, Rohnert Park , Senior Manager, Sales Planning, Executive , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!