Senior R&D Mechanical Engineer
Company: Dry Development and Investment Corporation
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: January 19, 2023
We Believe that Outstanding People are the Key to Success! Dry
Development is looking for the RIGHT person for permanent hire with
one of our Clients, a Life Science fluidics company. Here's the
information you need to know: Compensation: $95K - 115K annually We
are searching for a talented Senior Level Mechanical Engineer to
join our client's product development team. This position will
perform and manage mechanical engineering product design
assignments of varying complexity. The Senior Mechanical Engineer
primary responsibility is the development and optimization of
fluidic product solutions in Chromatography systems for OEM
instrumentation needs. This role works to understand customer
application challenges, extract and define product requirements,
create specifications, and develop concepts that address customers'
needs. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer utilizes mechanical
engineering knowledge, problem solving skills and project
management to drive projects through the product development
process - from concept, to design, through validation, and into
production scale-up. The Senior Mechanical Engineer position is a
part of a Research, Development and Engineering team that is
geographically distributed among several sites. This role will
receive guidance for work priorities and have support for
challenges and questions. The person filling this role will have
high autonomy and must be comfortable with remote communications
and be driven and organized with practiced personal accountability.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and apply advanced Mechanical Engineering theories,
methods, and research techniques in the investigation and solution
of complex technical problems.
- Create complete engineering drawing packages (i.e. fabrication
drawings, assembly drawings, BOM's, specification control drawings,
etc.) of fluid handling products.
- Comfortable leading and managing new product development
projects using established procedures and project management tools
as well as taking the role of Technical Lead for key customer
- Manage projects on a day-to-day basis, working closely with
cross functional teams and suppliers to drive projects to
- Develops expertise on relevant Client technologies and
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and design approaches
that meet or exceed product requirements.
- Ability to take concepts from ideas to functional prototypes
for verification testing while documenting research and testing for
development of intellectual property.
- Works with product managers, sales, and customers to define new
- Demonstrated experience of interfacing with external customers
and outside suppliers/vendors.
- Work with suppliers to optimize new products for cost and
- Ensures released manufacturing documentation is reviewed,
accurate, complete, and contains clear and comprehensive assembly
and test instructions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree.
- Minimum of 5+ years (ideal would be 7-8+ years of experience)
general Engineering investigation, research, and problem-solving
expertise in all aspects of new commercial product development,
design, development, and project release process.
- 3D CAD experience required: SolidWorks preferred. SKILLS AND
- Proficiency with 3D CAD modeling tools (ideally SolidWorks) to
design precision mechanical components and assemblies.
- Can model, draft can use proper GD&T
- Uses FMEA and can solve multi physics analysis.
- Simulation experience with FMEA in solid works
- Solid fluid dynamics in Solid works is desired
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
and tolerance stack analysis.
- Experience leading small teams, developing/managing project
schedules and use of project management software.
- Experience in advanced mechanical engineering analysis (stress,
vibration, thermal, fluidic).
- Simulation experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) desired.
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) techniques
- Experience participating in Failure Mode Effects Analysis
(DFMEA) and Design for Manufacturability (DFM, six sigma,
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers,
and outside suppliers.
- Design experience to include injection molded plastics,
precision casting, and machined metal components.
- Experience creating verification plans and reports (DQ, IQ, OQ,
- Proficiency in the use of business software tools (MS Word, MS
Excel, MS PowerPoint) and a proven ability to quickly learn and use
new software tools.
- Operates under limited supervision from Engineering Supervisor;
exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques,
and evaluation of results. Interfaces within Engineering and all
- An established self-starter with the ability to work
independently while supporting a culture of accountability, team
orientation and a focus on successful outcomes.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Travel required 10% or less to suppliers and customers. Our
team is family, and our roots run deep. At Dry Development, we
believe that outstanding people are the key to success, and we've
been matching the Right people with the Right opportunities since
2005. - For a list of opportunities we're working on finding the
RIGHT people for, please visit www.DryDev.com/opportunities and
since we do not "collect" resumes by leaving up old job postings,
nor do we post every position we are recruiting for, be sure to
click the "Share Your Information" button if you don't see a
position that is of interest to you. - We provide exceptional
recruiting, temporary staffing, and consulting services by treating
each person like a person, not a number. Dry Development and
Investment Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training. PI200605362
Keywords: Dry Development and Investment Corporation, Rohnert Park , Senior R&D Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!